A scrumptious Asian noodle salad packed full of beetroot, mouli, carrots and more. All combined with a gorgeous chilli dressing, it makes for an interesting and tasty summer salad.
Ingredients: 1 romero pepper, 1 carrot, 1/2 a beetroot, 150g mouli/daikon radish, 1 spring onion, 1 garlic clove, 1 red chilli, small bunch of coriander.
Larder: 175g rice or vermicelli noodles, 60ml vegetable oil, 2 tbsp soy sauce, juice of ½ a lime, 2 tsp honey (optional extra: cooked prawns and sesame seeds).
- Deseed the chilli and then finely slice the chilli, garlic clove and spring onion. Cook in a small saucepan on med to high heat with the vegetable oil for about 3 minutes. Don’t allow to burn.
- Cook the egg noodles for 4 minutes, drain and return to the pan. Pour over the chilli oil mix, toss and let stand.
- Julienne the pepper, mouli, beetroot and carrot. To julienne your veggies, peel them if needed, and then cut into very thin planks, place the planks on top of each other and then slice them to create batons as close to matchstick size as possible.
- Chop the coriander, including stems.
- In a small bowl or glass whisk together lime, soy sauce and honey.
- Mix sauce through the noodles and then add the veg and coriander.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with optional sesame seeds and cooked prawns.
One thought on “Asian Noodle Salad”
Pingback: 10 Ways to Eat Less Meat in Honour of World Meat Free Day 2017