This flatbread recipe is super simple and darn delicious. Simply grab a flatbread and top it with chopped spinach, tomatoes, pepper, grelot onions, basil and mozzarella. What more can you want in the mid-week meal?
Ingredients: 100g yellow and 100g red cherry tomatoes, handful of spinach, 1 baby bell pepper, 2 red grelot onions, 7 or so basil leaves
From the larder: 2 flat breads, 1 ball of mozzarella, olive oil, salt and pepper (optional: 25g pine nuts).
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Slice the tomatoes in half or quarters, deseed and slice the pepper and thinly slice the onion bulb along with about 2 inches of their leaves. Roughly chop the spinach.
- Place the flatbreads or wraps on baking trays. Brush generously with olive oil and then place the tomatoes, pepper, onion and spinach, optional pine nuts on to the flatbreads, spreading out so they are distributed evenly.
- Tear the ball of mozzarella and distribute evenly across the flatbreads.
- Place in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes until flatbreads are slightly crispy, mozzarella is melted and the tomatoes are looking cooked.
- Remove from the oven and tear basil over the flatbreads.
- Slice or tear the flat breads as you eat and enjoy a cutlery free feast!