Ingredients: 100g red cherry tomatoes, a few stems of small curly parsley, a few stems of flat parsley, 2-3 stems of mint, 1 romero pepper, 1 carrot, 1 baby cucumber.
From the Larder: 100g couscous, 5 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 200g halloumi, pinch of salt and pepper, (optional lamb or grilled chicken).
- Gather all the veg and herbs. Quarter the tomatoes, chop the pepper into 1cm squares, grate or finely chop the carrot. Quarter the cucumber lengthways and slice it. Finely chop the mint and parsley.
- Place all in a salad bowl.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice salt and pepper and pour over salad.
- Make the couscous according to packet instructions and grill meat.
- While waiting for the couscous to cook, slice the whole block of halloumi into thin slices ½ cm thick and fry on each side until turning golden.
- Mix couscous into the salad and mix well so that dressing is mixed through.
- Serve tabouleh with halloumi and optional meat, adding more oil or lemon if desired.