Fragrant lemongrass, ginger and garlic wind their way through this stir fry, and compliment the crunch of carrots and pak choi. A healthy start the new year.
Ingredients: Shallots, Thai chilli, garlic, ginger, pak choi, carrot, lemongrass, Thai basil.
From the larder: 3 tsp oil, 175g noodles, 1-2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tsp lime juice, (optional cooked prawns, chicken or pork)
- Start by cooking the meat.
- Prepare all the veg: chop the shallot, chilli and garlic. Grate the ginger, chop the pak choi (separating stalk and leaves) and thinly slice the carrot. Remove the tough outer layer of lemongrass and then thinly slice. Chop the Thai basil.
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions.
- In a wok, on a high heat, heat the oil and add shallots, chilli, ginger, pak choi stalks, carrot and lemongrass. Fry for 5 mins, or until the vegetables are just reaching the right level of crunch.
- Add the pak choi leaves, Thai basil and cooked prawns or cooked meat. Fry for a further 2 mins.
- Drain the noodles; add to stir-fry and mix, adding the lime juice and soy sauce to taste. Serve immediately.