Fragrant lemongrass, ginger and garlic wind their way through this stir fry, and compliment the crunch of carrots and pak choi. A healthy start the new year.
Ingredients: Shallots, Thai chilli, garlic, ginger, pak choi, carrot, lemongrass, Thai basil.
From the larder: 3 tsp oil, 175g noodles, 1-2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tsp lime juice, (optional cooked prawns, chicken or pork)
- Start by cooking the meat.
- Prepare all the veg: chop the shallot, chilli and garlic. Grate the ginger, chop the pak choi (separating stalk and leaves) and thinly slice the carrot. Remove the tough outer layer of lemongrass and then thinly slice. Chop the Thai basil.
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions.
- In a wok, on a high heat, heat the oil and add shallots, chilli, ginger, pak choi stalks, carrot and lemongrass. Fry for 5 mins, or until the vegetables are just reaching the right level of crunch.
- Add the pak choi leaves, Thai basil and cooked prawns or cooked meat. Fry for a further 2 mins.
- Drain the noodles; add to stir-fry and mix, adding the lime juice and soy sauce to taste. Serve immediately.
Get chopping with this delicious, fresh Asian inspired noodle salad.
Ingredients: 1 romero pepper, 2 carrots, 1/2 a beetroot, 200g mouli/daikon, 1 spring onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 1/2-1 chilli, small bunch of coriander.
Larder: 175g egg noodles, ¼ C vegetable oil, 2 tbsp soy sauce, Juice of ½ a lime, 2 tsp honey (optional extra: prawns and sesame seeds).
- Deseed the chilli and then finely slice the chilli, garlic clove and spring onion. Cook in a small saucepan on med to high hear with the vegetable oil for about 3 minutes. Don’t allow to burn.
- Cook the egg noodles for 4 minutes, drain and return to the pan. Pour over the chilli oil, toss and let stand.
- Julienne the pepper, mouli, beetroot and carrot. To julienne your veggies, peel them if needed, and then cut into very thin planks, place the planks on top of each other and then slice the planks to create batons as close to matchstick size as possible.
- Chop the coriander.
- In a small bowl or glass whisk together lime, soy sauce and honey.
- Mix sauce through the noodles and then add the veg and coriander.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with sesame seeds.