A comforting and easy January supper, this dish is perfect on a busy night as you can chop it all up, pop it in the oven and come back to it for the finishing touches before tucking in.
Ingredients: 200g Butternut squash, 1 clove of garlic, 50g button mushrooms, 40g oyster mushrooms, small sprig of thyme, 70g kale.
From the larder: 175g pasta, 25g Parmesan, 25g breadcrumbs, 3 tbsp crème fraîche and olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C and bring a pan of water to the boil for the pasta.
- Chop the squash into small chunks, halve large mushrooms and crush a garlic clove.
- Place all in a roasting tin with thyme leaves, salt, pepper and a drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Add chopped kale, after about 10-12 minutes, when you start to smell the roasting mushrooms.
- At this point start cooking the pasta.
- During the last 5-10 minutes of roasting, sprinkle breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan over roasting veggies and cook until golden and crispy.
- Drain pasta and remove the veg from the oven, mix altogether with the crème fraîche.
- Serve immediately with a little Parmesan grated on top.