This is a great way to ease into the new year: A simple frittata containing padron peppers, tomatoes and potatoes and accompanied by a delicious massaged kale and radish salad. You can make frittatas with any combo of veggies so it’s a great way to use up leftover Christmas veggies.
Ingredients: Potatoes, shallots, garlic, tomatoes, padrón pepper, baby red pepper, basil, kale, radish.
Larder: 5 eggs, 2 tsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp sugar, salt and pepper, 40g chopped chorizo (optional).
- Preheat the grill.
- Thinly slice the potatoes, slice the shallots, garlic and peppers.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a heavy based frying pan; sauté the vegetables with chorizo for 5 minutes.
- Halve the tomatoes and add to the pan – cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Beat the eggs and mix in the salt, pepper and chopped basil leaves. Pour the egg mixture over vegetables and cook for 5-7 mins to set the bottom of the frittata. Then place under pre-heated grill for 5-7 mins to cook the top. If you do not have a grill, carefully turn the frittata and to cook the other side.
- To make the salad, massage the kale for a few minutes with 1 tbsp oil, lemon juice and ¼ tsp salt until tender. Tear into small pieces and mix with sugar and thinly sliced radish. Serve with the frittata.