We have recently discovered the green goddess dressing and fallen in love! This is our very own THUD version dolloped over lentils and yummy veg.
Ingredients: 1 tbsp chopped parsley, 1-2 tbsp chopped tarragon, 1tbsp chopped chives, 50g rocket, 1 baby cucumber, 1 beetroot, 1 carrot.
Larder: ½ C mayonnaise, ½ C plain yoghurt, 1 tsp mustard, 150g puy lentils or a tin/pouch of cooked puy/green lentils, 2 eggs, salt and pepper (optional: 3 anchovies or 1 tsp miso paste).
- If using uncooked lentils, place them in a saucepan and with 3/4. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20-30 mintues until tender.
- Make the green goddess dressing: Finely chop all the herbs and if using, the anchovies. Combine herbs and anchovies/miso paste in a bowl with the mayonnaise and mustard and then whisk in the yoghurt. Season and adjust according to taste.
- In a salad bowl, grate the beetroot and carrot, slice the cucumber, add the rocket and toss to combine.
- Poach two eggs and when lentils are soft but still with a little bite, drain any remaining water.
- While eggs are poaching, pile up your green goddess salad starting with lentils, followed by the veggies and large dollops of green goddess dressing. Finally, when the eggs are ready, pop them on top and enjoy.
- Note: the dressing is quite thick so stir in as you eat.