This is a super September supper, great for a busy school night. It’s an easy frittata which you can throw together accompanied by a delicious quick pickled cucumber and radish salad.
Ingredients: 30g Samphire, 50g purple potatoes, 100g jersey royals, 1-2 shallot, 100g peas, 50g radishes, 1 baby cucumber, 1 tbsp chopped dill.
From the larder: 25g butter, 5 eggs, 2 tbsp white wine vinegar, 1 tbsp water, 2 tsp sugar, salt and pepper (optional extra: goats cheese).
- Preheat the grill to 200 degrees C.
- Slice the potatoes, place in a saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 mins to par boil.
- After 10 mins, blanche with the samphire, by placing in the boiling water for 30 seconds and then drain along with the potatoes and running under cold water.
- Shell the peas and chop the shallot. Fry the shallot in butter and if using bacon, cut into pieces and fry in the pan. When soft, add the potatoes, peas and samphire and fry gently for about 5 mins. Beat 5 eggs and pour into the frying pan and then crumble in the goats cheese.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, pulling up the edges and letting the soft egg run underneath. Pop under the grill for another 5 or so minutes until the top sets, puffs up and starts to brown.
- While the frittata cooks, make a quick pickling brine by mixing white wine vinegar, water and sugar in a small bowl. Thinly slice cucumber and radishes, chop a tsp of dill and mix it all into the brine.
- When frittata is puffy and browned, serve with pickled salad and optional toast.
One thought on “Frittata with Quick Pickled Salad”
This looks delicious!