A simple summery tart for supper! What more can you want? Courgettes, tomatoes, cheese accompanied by new potatoes, make this a tasty weeknight supper.
Ingredients: 200g potatoes, 150g cherry tomatoes, 3-4 baby courgettes or 1 courgette, 2 shallots, a few stems of oregano, small bunch of chives.
From the larder: 1 roll ready-made puff pastry, tomato purée, 100g goat’s cheese or 1 ball mozzarella, 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and bring a pan of water to boil for potatoes.
- Slice the tomatoes, courgettes and shallots and chop oregano leaves.
- Unroll the whole roll of pastry onto a baking tray. Leaving a 1cm border, spread with tomato purée, and sprinkle with the oregano.
- Cover with the chopped tomatoes, courgettes and shallots and tear over the mozzarella.
- Place in the oven and bake the tart for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, halve potatoes and boil for 10-15 minutes. When soft, drain them and chop chives. Mix together with a splash of olive oil and season to taste.
- Remove tart from the oven when puffed and serve with potato salad.