There’s not much we like more than a simple pasta and a good kick of garlic, oil and salt. When summer kale gets involved along with a sweet red pepper and invites parsley and lemon to the party it makes this a corker of a comforting mid-week meal.
Ingredients: 50g kale, 1 romero pepper, small bunch of parsley, 4 garlic cloves.
Larder: 200g spaghetti, generous glugs of olive oil, pinch of salt, pepper, juice of a lemon (optional extras: parmesan cheese).
- Bring a large sauce pan of water to the boil.
- Finely shred the kale, deseed and finely chop the pepper, mince the garlic and finely chop the parsley.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water.
- Meanwhile, add a generous glug of oil to a sauté pan and sauté the veggies, starting with the garlic for a minute and then add the pepper and kale for another 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley, the juice of a lemon, a healthy pinch of salt, and pinch of pepper.
- When the pasta is ready, drain, add a glug of olive oil and then combine with the veggies.
- Serve in bowls with grated parmesan on top and add more lemon juice, salt and/or olive oil if desired.