The summery sweetness of flat peaches combines beautifully with aubergines and other goodies in this delicious couscous salad.
Note: Grill the halloumi right before you’re going to eat, it tastes so much better fresh from the pan!
Ingredients: 150g cherry tomatoes, 2 baby aubergine, 1 flat peach, small bunch of flat and curly parsley.
Larder: 100g couscous, juice of 1 lemon, 5 tbsp olive oil, salt, 150g halloumi, dollop of yoghurt.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Slice the aubergines into ½ cm thick circles. Slice and chop the peach into 1-2cm chunks. Place peach and aubergine pieces on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle aubergines with salt. Roast for about 15 mins or until soft.
- Finely chop the curly and flat parsley and quarter the tomatoes. Place in a salad bowl.
- Place the couscous in a bowl and pour 175 ml of boiling water/stock to cover the couscous. Cover with clingfilm or a plate and leave to stand for about 5 minutes. Then stir with a fork and add to the salad bowl, mixing the couscous with the tomatoes and parsley.
- Slice the halloumi into ½cm slices. Grill in the oven, or fry in a pan, until golden on both sides.
- Make a dressing by combining juice of 1 lemon, 5 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add to the salad and mix.
- When aubergines and peaches are soft and starting to crisp around the edges, remove from the oven.
- Serve couscous and tomatoes with halloumi, aubergine and peaches piled on a plate with an optional dollop of yogurt on the side and more lemon or seasoning to taste.