This is a delicious and light mid-week meal: a yummy roasted sweet potato rosti is beautifully topped off with swiss chard, peas, mint and a poached egg.
Ingredients: Sweet potato, potatoes, swiss chard, peas and mint.
From the larder: 80-100g feta cheese, 3 eggs, oil, salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- In a bowl, grate all the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and mix in 1 egg.
- Heat a glug of oil in an ovenproof frying pan or casserole dish. Pour the rösti mixture into the pan, spread out and push down gently so that it fills the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes, check the underside and when browning, place the pan in the oven to roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the mint, chard and shell the peas. When the rösti is almost ready, in another frying pan, add a glug of oil and then sauté the greens, starting with the stems and peas for a minute followed by chard leaves. Sauté until stems soft and leaves wilted.
- While the veggies are sautéing, poach 2 eggs.
- When the rösti is browning and crispy, remove from the oven. Serve half the rösti per person with a poached egg, greens, mint leaves and crumbled feta piled on top.
One thought on “Sweet Potato Rosti”
Pingback: Vegetarian on a Budget: 5 Affordable Recipes in Honour of National Vegetarian Week 2017