This is an interesting and slightly different pasta dish. Salty samphire, lots of garlic, yellow chilli, parsley, tomatoes and bread crumbs make a tasty and very flavoursome meal.
Ingredients: garlic, chilli, shallots, tomatoes, samphire, spinach, parsley.
From the larder: 200g tagliatelle or spaghetti, 40g breadcrumbs (1 slice of bread finely grated), 5 tbs olive oil, juice of ½ a lemon, salt and pepper, 2-3 big dollops of crème fraiche.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil for the pasta.
- Finely slice the chilli and dice the garlic. Quarter the tomatoes and roughly chop the spinach.
- Start cooking the pasta.
- Heat a frying pan and dry fry the bread crumbs for 2-3 minutes until they are crispy but not burnt. Remove from the pan and set aside in a bowl.
- Return the pan to the heat and add a glug of oil. Add the chilli, garlic and shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, spinach and samphire and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in 2-3 dollops of crème fraiche, the breadcrumbs, a pinch of salt and squeeze in the juice of half a lemon.
- When the pasta is al denté, drain and stir in a generous glug of olive oil and a pinch of salt and then combine with the sauce.
- Serve with chopped parsley sprinkled on top.