We love this stir fry with cucumber, green beans and carrots adding the crunch and the peanut soy sauce adding a punch.
Ingredients: 2 round shallots, 1 clove of garlic, 10g ginger, 1 carrot, 1 baby cucumber, 100g green beans, 2 stems of Thai basil.
From the larder: 3 tsp oil, 175g noodles, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp peanut butter* and 2 tsp honey (optional extra: prawns, beef strips).
*Alternatively, use 1-2 tbsp sesame seeds.
- Prepare all the veg: chop the shallots, and garlic. Grate the ginger, thinly slice the carrot and cucumber into batons, top, tail, and halve the green beans.
- Mix the peanut butter*, soy sauce and honey together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil so that you are ready to cook the noodles according to packet instructions when you start stir-frying.
- In a wok, or large frying pan, on a high heat, heat the oil and if using, cook the meat. Add shallots, ginger, carrot and green beans in that order. Fry for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are just reaching the right level of crunch.
- Add the cucumber and sauce and fry for 2 more minutes.
- Drain the noodles and serve immediately with stir-fried veg and torn Thai basil on top.