A goodness bowl that is here to delight. New potatoes, green beans, radishes and more, this salad is a springing singing super supper!
Ingredients: 200g potatoes, 4 spears of asparagus, 100g broad beans, 50g radishes, 1 spring onion, 40g rocket, 10g coriander, 10g basil, 5g fresh turmeric or 1 tsp powdered turmeric.
From the larder: 100g green lentils, or tin of cooked lentils, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp apple cider or white wine vinegar, 5 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp honey (optional extra: grilled salmon or a poached egg).
- If cooking lentils, place in a large pot of cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 mins. 10 mins into cooking, halve the potatoes and add them to the lentils. When potatoes are nearly cooked, remove the beans from their pods, add to the pot and cook for 5 mins.
- If using tinned lentils, warm them in a saucepan or the microwave.
- Combine the following in a jar or bowl: grated turmeric, chopped basil and coriander, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, pinch of salt and if you have it, a pinch of cumin powder. Whisk well to combine.
- Slice radishes and spring onion, and place in a salad bowl with the rocket.
- Cut asparagus into quarters, heat a glug of olive oil in a skillet and sauté the asparagus on a medium heat until charred and starting to soften, but not soggy.
- When lentils, potatoes, beans and asparagus are cooked, add to the salad bowl and mix in the dressing. If using, serve with grilled salmon or a poached egg.