An easy way to eat your greens, this pasta dish is a quick mid-week meal of greens, pasta and a speedy yummy mustardy dressing.
Ingredients: 2 shallots, 1 leek, 100g purple sprouting broccoli, handful of spinach, 1 spring onion, 10g basil.
Larder: 180g pasta, 2-3 tsp whole grain mustard, 2 tsp white wine vinegar and 150 – 200ml crème fraîche. (Optional extras: grilled chicken, seeds and cheese.)
- Grill meat if using.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling water until al denté.
- Meanwhile, slice the shallots and leek. Sauté in a glug of oil for 5 minutes until soft and transluscent.
- Chop the broccoli, add to the pan and cook for 3 minutes, adding a splash of water to create some steam.
- Make the dressing: finely chop the basil leaves and mix with mustard, vinegar and crème fraîche. Adjust proportions to taste.
- Chop the spinach and mix into the veg and then stir in the dressing.
- When pasta is al denté, drain and toss altogether with the veg and dressing.
- Serve, garnished with sliced spring onion and optional seeds and/or grated cheese.