Kale, sweet potato and black bean tacos are a fun communal meal and great as a mid-week meat-free option, topped with coriander and a squeeze of lime. They are delicious as is, but if you want to go crazy, add a dollop of sour cream, grated cheese, salsa, guacamole… the list goes on!
Ingredients: 1/2 a sweet potato, 2 shallots, 60g kale, 50g baby corn, ½ a chilli, small bunch of coriander.
Larder: 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tin of black or kidney beans, juice of 1 lime, 4 tortillas, oil (optional: 50g cashews and chicken or steak).
- Preheat oven to 180C degrees. Chop the sweet potato into 1cm chunks, place in a roasting tin, drizzle with olive oil, toss in cumin powder and roast for 25 mins or until soft.
- Chop the shallots, chilli (to taste) and chicken or steak strips if using. Fry for a few minutes until shallots soft and meat is cooked.
- Roughly shred the kale and chop the corn. Add along with drained and rinsed black beans to the frying pan. Season and cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently until kale and corn are soft.
- Meanwhile heat tortillas in a microwave or in the oven wrapped in tin foil.
- When sweet potatos are soft, remove from the oven and serve tacos layered with the veggie mix, sweet potatoes, finely chopped coriander, optional chopped cashews and a generous squeeze of lime. It should make 4 soft tacos depending on how big your tortillas are and how full you fill them.
- *If you have time or inclination make a coriander cashew sauce: Using a mortar and pestle/stick blender or food processor; whizz together cashews, ¾ of the coriander, lime juice and a decent splash of water to make a sauce for the tacos. Add more water or lime juice to make a creamy consistency-serve with the tacos.
2 thoughts on “Kale and Sweet Potato Tacos”
Pingback: Grow herbs indoors: 5 herbs that thrive inside + delicious recipes to use them in – THUD
Pingback: 7 Tools You NEED In Your Kitchen + FREE GIVEAWAY