This is a yummy woodland pasta full of woodland mushrooms, kale and carrots, celery. Make it with conventional pasta or if you want to try an alternative, try a quinoa spaghetti or wholewheat penne.
Ingredients: 1 clove of garlic, 2 banana shallots, 80g button mushrooms, 40g shitake mushrooms, 60-80g kale, 1 carrot, 1 stick of celery, sprig of sage and thyme.
From the Larder: 175-200g Pasta, 1 tin of tomatoes, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper (optional extra: honey, grated cheese, sausages).
- Bring a sauce pan of water to the boil ready for the pasta and start cooking sausages if using.
- Finely chop the garlic and shallot, and finely chop the celery and carrot. Chop the sage leaves and strip the thyme leaves from their stem. Sauté all in a glug of olive oil with a pinch of salt for about 5 minutes until carrots are softening and celery is becoming slightly translucent.
- Slice the mushrooms and chop the kale. Add to the pan continuing to sauté for about 5 minutes until mushrooms are soft.
- Add the tin of tomatoes to the veg along with a pinch of salt, balsamic vinegar and an optional pinch of brown sugar or honey.
- Simmer gently while the pasta cooks.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook for 10-12 minutes or according to packet instructions.
- Serve the pasta with the veggie sauce and sprinkle with grated cheese of your choice.