In this dish we’re mostly roasting. Roasted roots with Tomatoes smothered in ginger, chilli, honey and garlic all served over coconut rice with mint on top….what’s not to love?
Ingredients: ½ chilli, 1 clove garlic, 1cm piece of ginger, 100g Jerusalem artichoke, 200g butternut squash, 100g potatoes, 50g tomatoes, sprig of mint.
From the larder: 1 tin coconut milk, 200g rice (ideally brown), 1tsp honey, oil, yogurt.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Only peeling the squash, chop squash, potatoes and Jerusalem artichoke into small chunks. Place in a roasting tin, drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper and place in the oven to roast.
- Place the rice in a saucepan, add the tin of coconut milk and top up with about ¼ tin of water to the right amount of liquid for the rice to cook. Bring to the boil and simmer until cooked.
- On a chopping board, mince and smash together the ginger, ½ chilli, garlic, honey, and pinch of salt.
- Halve the tomatoes, smear the chilli mix over them and add them to the roasting tin already in the oven. If easier, smear the chilli mix over all the roasting veg.
- When veg is soft, serve on top of coconut rice with torn mint leaves and a dollop of yogurt.