Coconut milk and a homemade curry paste forms the base of this lovely curry. Discover some new flavours and enjoy the interesting combo of lemongrass, galangal and turmeric along with tomatoes, potatoes and green beans.
Ingredients: 2 cloves of garlic, 10g galangal, 10g turmeric, 1 Thai chilli, 1 stalk of lemon grass, 2-3 shallots, 120g potatoes, 100g green beans, 120g tomatoes, small bunch of coriander.
Larder: 150g rice, 1 tin coconut milk, lime juice, (optional chicken cut into pieces).
- Start cooking the rice.
- Peel 2 garlic cloves, galangal and turmeric. Whizz in a processor with chilli and lemongrass or chop finely and bash into a paste.
- Start cooking the chicken pieces (if using) and shallots in a wok.
- Cook the shallots gently until translucent and then add the curry paste.
- Slice the potatoes, top and tail green beans and halve the tomatoes. Add the potatoes and coconut milk to the curry paste along with a pinch of salt. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes and then add the green beans and tomatoes and continue to simmer until, potatoes are soft, green beans are al denté and tomatoes burst. Chicken should be cooked through and the beans still have a slight crunch.
- Season and serve with rice, chopped coriander and a squeeze of lime.