Ingredients: 1 clove of garlic, 2 shallots, 1 leek, 4 baby courgettes, 2-3 stems of purple sprouting broccoli and small sprig of thyme.
From the larder: 170g tagliatelle or 200g pasta, 200ml crème fraîche, 2 tsp whole grain mustard, 1tbsp white wine vinegar, a few glugs of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Slice the shallots, garlic, leek and baby courgette. Chop the purple sprouting broccoli; slicing the woody stems in half lengthways to allow for quicker cooking.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and start cooking the tagliatelle.
- Heat a glug of oil in a sauté pan and sauté the shallots, leeks and garlic until soft and translucent.
- Add the courgettes, broccoli and thyme leaves and gently sauté until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking, combine the crème fraîche, whole grain mustard and vinegar in a small bowl. Adjust proportions to taste.
- When the veggies are ready, remove from the heat and stir in the crème fraîche and mustard.
- When the pasta is ready, drain and combine with the veggies.
- Serve immediately.