Ingredients: 5 tomatoes, 80g Jerusalem artichoke, 1/2 a fennel bulb, 1 purple carrot, 1 red chilli, 2 shallots, 1 clove of garlic, 2 sprigs of mint, small bunch of coriander.
From the larder: 150g puy/green lentils, 1tbsp honey, juice of half a lemon, olive oil, salt, pepper and if you have it, 1tsp tomato paste.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Thoroughly wash but do not peel the Jerusalem artichoke and carrot. Chop the Jerusalem artichoke, carrot and shallots in to 1cm chunks and slice the fennel.
- Place it all in a roasting tin, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt. Mix and place in the oven to roast for about 25 minutes.
- Cook the puy/green lentils: add to a saucepan with 500ml of boiling water and simmer for about 20 minutes or until soft.
- Peel and mince the garlic, finely chop the tomatoes, mint leaves and the coriander leaves and stems. Deseed and chop the chilli to taste. Mix with 1 tbsp honey, 3 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, and if you have it, tomato paste.
- When vegetables are soft and browning in places and the lentils are cooked, pile both on your plate with a healthy dollop of spiced sauce on top.