Ingredients: 200g Potatoes, 1 clove of garlic, 1 courgette, 3 patty pan, 4 shallots, 2 carrots, small bunch of tarragon, very small bunch of chives.
Larder: 1 roll of ready-made short crust pastry, 50g cheddar cheese, 1 tsp lemon juice, 2 eggs. Or make your own pastry using 175g flour and 85g butter – see recipe step email.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease 6-8 holes in a muffin tin. Roll out the pastry and cut circles slightly to big for the holes. Press into the holes with pastry slightly oversized to allow for shrinking. Place a circle of tin foil or baking paper on top of the pastry and weigh down with dry rice. Bake blind for 10-15 minutes.
- Chop the shallots and mince one garlic clove. Finely dice the patty pans, courgette and tarragon leaves.
- Sauté the shallots and garlic for 3 minutes, and then add the patty pans, courgettes, tarragon. Season and cook until just turning brown.
- Remove pastry from oven. Remove baking paper and rice. Fill pastry cases with patty pan mixture. Beat the eggs in a bowl and pour over the tartlets. Top each tartlet with grated cheese. Bake for 5-10 minutes, until cheese is golden and tart filling puffed up.
- While tartlets are baking, boil potatoes until soft and when cooked mix in chopped chives. Grate the carrot and mix with lemon juice.
- Serve tartlets with the potatoes and grated carrot.