Ingredients: 4 shallots, 1 clove of garlic, 1 red romero pepper, 120g fresh peas, 10 cherry tomatoes, 1 sprig of rosemary and 1 sprig of thyme.
Larder: 160g paella rice or arborio rice, 500-600ml stock, 2 tsp smoked paprika, and juice of ½ a lemon (optional extra: sliced chorizo).
- Chop the shallots, garlic and pepper.
- Fry in a little oil with paprika and chorizo (optional) for 5 mins.
- Prepare the stock and pour into the same pan.
- Once simmering, add the rice and simmer, covered on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Quarter the tomatoes, strip rosemary and thyme from their stems and chop and shell the peas. Add all to the pan, season and gently simmer uncovered for another 10 minutes.
- While cooking add more stock if drying out.
- Paella is ready when stock is absorbed and rice is fluffy. Before serving, you can cover and allow to stand for a few minutes for flavours to settle. Serve with a wedge of lemon.