This comforting bowl roasted of roasted tomatoes, romero pepper, melted mozzarella and pasta can’t be beat on a cool Autumn night.
Ingredients: 10 cherry tomatoes, 1 romero pepper, 1 spring onion, 2-3 shallots, a few sprigs of oregano and thyme, a garlic clove.
Larder: 200g rigatoni or similar pasta, 1 ball of mozzarella, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Weigh out the pasta and bring a pot of water to the boil.
- Halve the tomatoes and chop the pepper into 1 cm squares, chop the shallots, spring onion and garlic clove: place all in a baking tray.
- Drizzle the tomatoes with olive oil, add salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. When ready, drain.
- When tomatoes and peppers are juicy and soft, remove from the oven.
- Tear or chop the mozzarella into chunks. Strip the oregano and thyme from their stems.
- Add the pasta, herbs and mozzarella to the roasted tomatoes and peppers, mix well and put back in the oven.
- Bake for 5-10 mins until mozzarella is bubbling and starting to turn golden. Serve immediately.