Ingredients: 10g Oregano, 12g basil, 7-10 cherry tomatoes, 1 and a half beetroot, 2 heritage carrots, 2-3 shallots, a garlic clove.
Larder: 200g pasta, 30g Parmesan, 5 tbsp oil, 50g cashews or pine nuts (optional extra: sausages roasted with the veggies).
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Peel and chop the beetroot, carrots and shallots into small chunks and crush the garlic. Place them all in a roasting tin along with the tomatoes whole. Drizzle with 1-2 tbsp oil, season and roast for 20 mins. If using sausages, place in the oven with the veggies. They will increase the cooking time slightly.
- Start cooking the pasta according to instructions.
- Remove basil and oregano from their stems. In a processor or pestle and mortar, whizz together the oregano and basil leaves, 20g parmesan, cashews and 4-5 tbsp oil to make the pesto.
- Add more oil if you like a runnier consistency.
- When pasta is ready: drain and mix in the pesto. Remove the veggies from the oven and place on top of the pasta.
- Grate over remaining parmesan and serve garnished with any remaining herbs.