Ingredients: 3-4 shallots, 2 garlic cloves, 1-2 sticks of celery , 200g butternut squash, 4-5 stems of sage, handful of rocket.
Larder: 2 knobs of butter (roughly 15g each), 170g Arborio rice, 600-700ml stock, 30g Parmesan.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. Peel and chop the butternut squash into 1cm chunks, place in a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, season and roast for 25 minutes while you make the risotto.
- Finely slice the shallots, a garlic clove and the celery and sauté for 5 minutes in a knob of butter. Add the rice and cook for 1 minute until rice looks slightly translucent.
- Prepare the stock; gradually add to the rice a ladle at a time. Allow stock to absorb before adding the each ladle.
- Add ladle by ladle until the risotto is creamy, soft and al denté. This should take about 20-25 minutes.
- When risotto is ready and squash cooked, add the grated Parmesan and squash to the risotto. Allow to stand for about 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Meanwhile, in a separate frying pan, heat another knob of butter until gently bubbling. Fry the sage leaves (removed from stem) until crisp, about 1-2 minutes. You will be left with a lovely browned sage butter, which if you like, you can pour over the risotto!
- Serve the risotto with crispy sage crumbled in and rocket as a side.
One thought on “Butternut Squash Risotto With Crispy Sage”
Pingback: Vegetarian on a Budget: 5 Affordable Recipes in Honour of National Vegetarian Week 2017