These mini crustless quiches are delightful. They’re made with tomatoes and citrusy fresh lovage and are served up with potatoes, green beans and mint.
Ingredients: 100g Cherry tomatoes, 1 spring onion, 10g lovage, 100g purple potatoes and 150g new potatoes, 75g green beans, sprig of mint.
From the Larder: 3 eggs, 50g cheese (cheddar), 25 ml milk, pinch of salt and pepper, butter for greasing the tin (optional: smoked salmon or sliced ham cut into small pieces).
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Slice the tomatoes and spring onion and chop the lovage leaves. Grease or line with grease proof paper 4-6 cupcake tin moulds.
- Beat eggs, milk, grated cheese, salt and pepper together. Stir in the spring onions, lovage and tomatoes (and optional salmon/ham) and then pour into the prepared moulds dividing the mixture equally between them. Fill moulds until just level with the top, do not over-fill.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until quiches are set, golden and puffed up.
- Meanwhile, slice potatoes into small chunks and place in sauce pan of water. Bring to the boil and cook for about 10-12 minutes until they are soft to poke with a knife.
- Top, tail and halve the green beans and add to the potatoes for the last 4 or so minutes of cooking and then drain them both.
- When the quiches are cooked, take out of the oven and carefully remove from the tins.
- Serve quiches with potatoes and beans with torn mint, a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt.