Comfort food for the soul. Smashed sweet and new potatoes with plenty of fixin’s like sautéed leeks, cherry tomatoes, radishes and rocket. Served with a dollop of yoghurt or grated cheese, this meal goes down a treat!
Ingredients: 1/2 a sweet potato, 4-5 new potatoes, 1 leek, sprig of thyme, 100g tomatoes, 60g radishes, 50g bunch of rocket.
From the larder: 2 knobs of butter, salt and pepper (optional: grated cheese, dollop of yoghurt and/or bacon bits).
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Cut up the sweet potato into chunks and halve any of the larger new potatoes. Place in a saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil and boil potatoes for 15 minutes while you prepare the fixin’s.
- Pop the radishes on a baking tray, drizzle lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven to roast for approximately 15 minutes or until you’re ready to eat.
- Meanwhile, slice the leek and melt a knob of butter in a saucepan, add the leek, cover and gently sweat until soft and translucent.
- Wash the rocket and quarter the cherry tomatoes.
- When the potatoes are soft to poke with a knife, drain, add a knob of butter and thyme leaves, and then season and crush with a fork.
- Serve potatoes piled high with leeks, roasted radishes, rocket, tomatoes and optional grated cheese, dollop of plain yoghurt and/or bacon bits.