A spring salad to boot. Cook the quinoa and everything else is raw- packed with nutrients, vitamins, minerals and flavour!
Ingredients: 50g kale, 5 multi-coloured heritage radishes, 120g cherry tomatoes, 1 baby cucumber, 1 carrot, 2 stems of tarragon and 2 stems of parsley.
From the larder: 160g quinoa, 5tbsp olive oil, 1tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp honey, juice of ½ a lemon, salt and pepper (optional: any grilled meat or fish).
- Place the quinoa in a saucepan, cover with double the volume of water, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Roughly chop the kale, place in a salad bowl and squeeze over the juice of ½ a lemon and a pinch of salt. Massage for a minute or so that the kale breaks down and becomes slightly softer. Leave in the bowl while you prepare other veg.
- Slice the radishes, quarter the tomatoes, quarter the cucumber length ways and then slice it, peel and grate the carrot and chop the parsley leaves.
- Make a dressing by whisking together the oil, vinegar and honey and mix in chopped tarragon leaves.
- Test the quinoa and if ready (soft but still with a little bite), remove from the heat and drain any remaining excess water.
- Add the veggies and quinoa to the salad bowl with the kale and then stir in the dressing and mix well to ensure salad is fully dressed.
- Serve on it’s own or with any meat/fish accompaniment and enjoy this raw bowl of goodness.