A warming curry for this not so warm spring weather! Chantenay carrots, new potatoes and cavolo nero fill out this delicious ginger chilli garlic and coconut milk curry base.
Ingredients: 150g Potatoes, 1/2 -1 red chilli, 2 cloves of garlic, 10g turmeric, 10g ginger, 2 shallots, 150g chantenay carrots, 100g purple sprouting broccoli, 50g cavolo nero and small bunch of coriander.
From the larder: 200g rice, 1 tin coconut milk, 3 tsp oil, ½ tsp salt.
- Start cooking rice according to packet instructions.
- Chop the chilli and the garlic. Peel and grate turmeric and ginger. Fry in oil for 1 minute.
- Slice the potatoes and shallots and add to the pan and then. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Chop carrots and add to the shallots and potatoes, sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and ¼ C of water and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Chop broccoli and cavolo nero and add to the coconut milk. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Chop the coriander and serve curry with rice and coriander on top.