With spring in full swing, we got excited and packed lots of fresh greens into one deliciously nutritious fritter. It’s accompanied by a sweet, tangy and bright carrot salad.
Ingredients: 100g Purple sprouting broccoli, 2 spring onions, handful of spinach, 4g dill, 2 carrots, 4g chives.
Larder: 3 eggs, 60g cheese (cheddar or feta), juice of ½ a lemon, 1 tsp honey, 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Finely chop the broccoli, spring onions, spinach and dill.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and grate or crumble in the cheese.
- Mix in the chopped greens and season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the salad; grate the carrots and chop the chives. Whisk lemon juice, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1tsp honey. Pour over the salad, set aside.
- To cook the fritters; heat a generous glug of oil in a frying pan and add large spoonfuls of fritter mix to the pan in separate dollops, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Fry each fritter for a few minutes on each side until golden and slightly crispy.
- Transfer the cooked fritters to a plate in a warm oven until all are ready to serve.
- Serve the fritters with the carrot salad.