A frittata is a brilliant mid week meal and a great way to pack lots of veg from your fridge into supper. This frittata is full of spring greens and accompanied by crushed potatoes and crunchy radishes.
Ingredients: 1 shallot, 100g purple sprouting broccoli, 100g fresh peas, 150g purple potatoes, 5-6 breakfast radishes, small bunch of parsley, 2 stems of basil, 1 spring onion.
From the Larder: butter or oil, 4-5 eggs, salt and pepper, 50g goats cheese or feta.
- Roughly chop the potatoes into chunks, and boil from cold for about 10 mins.
- Finely chop the shallot, the broccoli into 2-3cm lengths. Shell the peas and chop the basil.
- In a frying pan, sauté the shallot for a few minutes and then add the broccoli. Sauté for 5 mins.
- In a bowl beat the eggs, mix in the peas, basil, a pinch of salt and pepper, goats cheese or feta and pour into the frying pan. Leave to cook on the bottom and after about 5 mins place under the grill to set the top of the frittata.
- While the frittata is cooking, drain the potatoes and in a bowl crush with a fork, slice the radishes, finely slice the spring onion and chop the parsley. Mix all together, drizzle with oil and season.
- Enjoy the crushed potatoes with the spring frittata.