Pretty in pink, this curry becomes an extraordinary colour as the beetroot and coconut milk meld together with fresh spices, curry leaves and cauliflower in this delicious and beautiful curry.
Ingredients: Beetroot, cauliflower, shallots, garlic clove, turmeric, ginger, curry leaves, spinach, chilli (use according to taste), coriander.
From the larder: 175g rice, 1 tin coconut milk, oil (vegetable, rapeseed or coconut oil is best).
- Start cooking the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Mince garlic, chop shallots, and sauté in a glug of oil. Chop the chilli, mince or grate the turmeric and ginger and add to the pan. Fry for a minute or so.
- Peel and dice beetroot into small chunks. Slice the cauliflower in small florets. Add to the pan and then add the tin of coconut milk and curry leaves. Simmer on a low heat for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When curry is nearly ready to serve and beetroot is soft to poke with a knife, add spinach and stir in to wilt.
- Serve curry with rice and torn coriander.