Full of colourful goodness, this beetroot rosti is scrumptious with a little chilli kick and spring onion zing. Served with tenderstem broccoli, feta and seeds, this is a lovely healthy mid week meal.
Ingredients: 1 large, 2 small beetroot, 4-5 new potatoes, 100g tenderstem broccoli, 1 spring onions, 1 green chilli, 2tbsp chopped chives.
Larder: 50g feta cheese, 4 eggs, oil, salt and pepper (optional extra: 2tbsp pumpkin or sesame seeds).
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- In a bowl, grate the potatoes and the beetroot. Finely chop the chives, spring onion and deseed and finely slice half the green chilli and add to the bowl. Add 2 eggs and mix well to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a glug of oil in an ovenproof frying pan or casserole dish. Pour the rösti mixture into the pan; spread out and push down gently so that it fills the pan. Cook for approximately 5 minutes, check the underside and when starting to brown, place frying pan in the oven to roast the rösti for 15 minutes.
- When the rösti is almost ready, roughly chop and blanche the broccoli for 5 minutes by placing in a saucepan of boiling water.
- While the broccoli is blanching, poach 2 eggs. To save on washing up, you can poach the eggs in the broccoli water after it’s blanched!
- When the rösti is browning and crispy, remove from the oven. Serve half the rösti per person with a poached egg and broccoli with crumbled feta and mixed seeds sprinkled on top along with a squeeze of lemon if you have it.