This is a great and quick mid-week meal. A Spanish omelette using new potatoes, purple sprouting broccoli and accompanied by vitamin rich kale hopefully helps you stay on your feet while sticking to the beat!
Ingredients: 150g potatoes, 5-6 cherry tomatoes, 100g purple sprouting broccoli, 1-2 spring onions, small bunch of chervil, a generous handful of kale.
From the larder: 4-5 eggs, 2 tbsp milk, olive oil, salt, pepper, (optional chorizo).
- Heat the grill to 180 degrees C. Slice the potatoes and boil them in a small saucepan of water for approximately 10 minutes.
- Roughly chop the broccoli, blanche with the potatoes for the last 2-3 minutes of their cooking and then drain.
- Transfer potatoes and broccoli into a frying pan and fry, along with sliced chorizo, if using for about 5-7 minutes.
- When potatoes are soft and slightly browning, slice the spring onion and quarter the tomatoes and add to the frying pan.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and milk together. Chop the chervil and add to the eggs. Pour into the frying pan over the veg. Cook for about 5-10 minutes while the egg sets. Periodically run a spatula around the edges and let the uncooked egg run to the edges.
- Carefully check the bottom of the omelette and if set and browning, sprinkle over optional grated cheese. Remove from the heat and place under the grill. If you do not have a grill, carefully flip the omelette and cook the other side.
- Bake under the grill for about 10 minutes, until golden and puffed up.
- While cooking, boil the kale in a saucepan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Serve slices of the Spanish omelette with the kale.