Ingredients: San Marzano tomato, kale, 2 garlic cloves, half the shallots, baby pepper, parsley, spring onion.
From the larder: 4 eggs, 1 tin of chopped tomatoes, olive oil, 1 tsp paprika, salt and a loaf of crusty bread (optional extras: chorizo).
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Chop the garlic, shallots and the baby pepper, slice the spring onion and roughly chop the tomato.
- Sauté the garlic and shallots in a glug of oil on medium heat until soft. If using chorizo, slice and fry with the shallots and garlic.
- Add the spring onion, red pepper, tomato and tin of tomatoes. Season with salt and a pinch of paprika and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Roughly chop the kale and parsley leaves.
- Transfer the tomato mixture into a Pyrex dish or small roasting tin. Mix in the kale and parsley, drizzle with olive oil and place in the oven.
- After about 5 minutes, carefully crack the eggs into the dish with tomatoes and kale and return to the oven.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes until eggs are cooked. Cook for less time for a runny yoke.
- Serve with crusty bread and another sprinkling of paprika.
3 thoughts on “Tomato and Kale Bake”
Pingback: Sick of cooking the same old dinners? 10 tasty and healthy recipes to reinvent your favourite meals – THUD
Pingback: Vegetarian on a Budget: 5 Affordable Recipes in Honour of National Vegetarian Week 2017
Pingback: 10 Ways to Eat Less Meat in Honour of World Meat Free Day 2017