Ingredients: 1/2 a sweet potato, 2 shallots, 6 baby corn, 2 handfuls of kale, 1 red chilli, a small bunch of coriander.
Larder: 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tin of black or kidney beans, juice of 1 lime, 50g cashews, 4 tortillas, oil (optional: chicken or steak strips).
- Preheat oven to 180C degrees. Chop the sweet potato into 1cm chunks, place in a roasting tin, drizzle with olive oil, toss in cumin powder and roast for 25 mins or until soft.
- Using a mortar and pestle/stick blender or food processor; whizz together cashews, 2/3 of the coriander, lime juice and a decent splash of water to make a sauce for the tacos. Add more water or lime juice to make a creamy consistency.
- Chop the shallots, chilli (to taste) and chicken or steak strips if using. Fry for a few minutes until shallots soft and meat is cooked.
- Roughly shred the kale and chop baby corn into 1cm chunks. Add along with drained and rinsed black beans to the frying pan. Season and cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently until corn is soft, but still has a crunch.
- Heat tortillas in a microwave or in the oven wrapped in tin foil.
- When sweet potatos are soft, remove from the oven and serve tacos layered with the veggie mix, sweet potatoes, cashew sauce and remaining coriander. It should make 4 soft tacos depending on how big your tortillas are and how full you fill them.