Ingredients: 200g Potatoes, 1 clove of garlic, 2 shallots, 1 red pepper, 1 courgette, 2 pattypan, 1 san marzano tomato, a few basil stems, a few sprigs of oregano.
Larder: 1 tin of tomatoes, 2 tsp honey, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper, (optional extra: grilled chicken or sausages and a dollop of yoghurt or grated cheese).
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. To make the hasselback potatoes: thinly slice half way through the potatoes at 3mm intervals, rub with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and place in the oven on a baking tray for about 25 minutes. Use a wooden spoon to hold the potatoes while you slice them.
- If using meat, roast or grill in the oven.
- Heat a glug of oil in a pan. Chop half the shallots and a clove of garlic, sauté for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Chop the patty pan, pepper and slice the courgette. Add to the pan and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Chop the tomato and add to the pan along with the tin of tomatoes, chopped oregano balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir and leave to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Chop the basil and add half to the ratatouille.
- When potatoes are golden and crispy, serve with the ratatouille and meat if using. Garnish with any remaining herbs and a dollop of yoghurt or a sprinkling of grated cheese if desired.