A light tart with sweet shallots and juicy tomatoes topped with goat’s cheese and basil and accompanied by a juicy pile of courgette, broccoli and mange tout.
Ingredients: 80g tomatoes, 3-4 shallots, 1 small courgette, 100g broccoli, 40g mange tout, 1 a 3-4 basil leaves.
Larder: ¾ of a 320g roll of puff pastry, 50g goats cheese, knob of butter, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tbsp lemon juice, salt (optional: parma ham or prosciutto).
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Use a peeler to make courgette ribbons; place in a bowl, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and set aside.
- Chop the shallots. Melt a knob of butter in a saucepan; add the shallots and sauté gently on low heat for a few minutes until soft. Add the vinegar and sugar and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Slice tomatoes and sprinkle salt over them to bring out their juices. Cut goats cheese into chunks and chop basil leaves.
- Lay out puff pastry onto a baking tray and cut the end of the rectangle off to make a square (approx. 25cmx25cm), score around the edge with a knife to create a 2 cm border. Spread out shallots on the tart keeping them inside the border and then dot tomatoes and goats cheese around on the tart. Bake for 15-20 minutes until pastry is puffed and golden (see recipe steps for how to use extra pastry).
- Cut or break the broccoli into small florets. Immerse, broccoli and mange tout in a bowl of boiled water for approx.. 40 seconds. Drain and refresh by running cold water over them. Mix with the courgette ribbons and a tbsp lemon juice.
- Sprinkle basil leaves over the tart and serve with the lemony greens.