Ingredients: 1 clove of garlic, 3 shallots, 150g beetroot(1 small), 1 small bunch of sorrel, half a bulb of fennel and 1 stick of celery(allergen).
Larder: 175g Arborio (risotto) rice, 600ml stock, 2 knobs of butter, salt and pepper, 50g Parmesan, juice of half a lemon.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Peel and chop the beetroot into 1cm chunks, drizzle with oil and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Mince a clove of garlic and finely chop the shallots. Sauté on a low heat in a knob of butter until soft.
- Add the Arborio rice and fry for 3-4 minutes, until slightly translucent. Prepare the stock. Add a ladle at a time to the rice, stirring regularly. Allow the stock to absorb before adding the next ladle of stock. Keep adding until you have used all the stock and the risotto is al denté. This should take about 20 minutes.
- While the risotto is cooking, make a fennel and celery salad. Remove any woody stalk and the fronds from the fennel, chop the fronds and thinly slice or shave the fennel, using a knife, or mandolin if you have one. Slice the celery into matchstick thin batons and place with fennel on a small plate. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over, drizzle with olive oil, add salt and pepper and toss well.
- When risotto is ready, chop the sorrel and stir in along with the roasted beetroot. Add a pinch of pepper, a knob of butter and 50g grated Parmesan. Place a lid on the pan, remove from the heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve the risotto with the fennel and celery salad and enjoy the colours!