Baby onions, leeks, herbs and tomatoes make a fabulous mix for this super simple tart. Top it with goats cheese and and pop it in the oven for a tasty meal for two.
Ingredients: 1 leek, 100g baby white onions, 80g cherry tomatoes, sprig of oregano, sprig of marjoram.
Larder: 50–100g goats cheese, 1 roll of puff pastry, olive oil, 1½ tbsp balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Slice the leeks and onions and place in a saucepan with a knob of butter. When the butter has melted and the leeks are separating and softening, add 1½ tbsp balsamic vinegar and continue to cook on a low heat for about another 5 minutes or so until leeks and onions are soft and caramalised.
- Meanwhile halve the tomatoes and strip herbs from their stems and chop.
- Prepare the pastry by unrolling it on a tray, scoring a 1 inch border around the edge and then brush inside the border with olive oil.
- When leeks and onions are soft, spread out on the pastry inside the border.
- Top with halved cherry tomatoes, sprinkle with the herbs and finally dot chunks of goats cheese around the pastry and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until pastry is puffed and golden and then serve.