Ingredients: 6 Cherry tomatoes, 1 clove of garlic, 12g ginger, 1 courgette, 2 medjool dates, 1/2 a sweet potato, 2 shallots, 2-3 stems of mint, a small bunch of parsley.
Larder: 140g couscous, ½ stock cube, 1 tin of tomatoes, 1 tin of chickpeas, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Preheat heat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Chop the sweet potato in 1cm chunks, place on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and place in the oven to roast. Roughly chop the courgette, half the cherry tomatoes and add to the sweet potato 10 minutes in the oven. Roast for a further 15 mins.
- While veggies are roasting, chop shallots, peel and grate or mince the ginger and a garlic clove and sauté gently in a glug of oil for 5 minutes until shallots are soft, and then add the cumin, cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
- Add the tin of tomatoes and chickpeas. Simmer gently for about 15 minutes or until the veggies are ready, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous by adding 300ml of boiling water with half a stock cube crumbled in, stir, cover and leave to soak for 5 minutes.
- Chop the dates (removing the stones), mint and parsley leaves. Stir into the couscous when it’s ready.
- When the sweet potato is soft and other veggies soft and juicy, remove from oven and add to the chickpea pan.
- Serve the veggies with the couscous and garnish with the remaining herbs.