This is an interesting variation on a dish that is known for it’s fishiness! This is a tasty veggie kedgeree that we think you’ll really enjoy. Full of curried veggies mixed with rice and topped with boiled eggs.
Ingredients: 2 shallots, 1 green chilli, 1 cm ginger, small bunch of coriander, few stemms of curly parsley, 100g tenderstem broccoli, 100g cherry tomatoes, handful of spinach and 1 spring onion.
From the larder: 170g rice, 1tsp curry powder, 4 eggs, juice of half a lemon.
- Start cooking the rice according to packet instructions.
- Boil the eggs in a pan of water or with the rice. Boil for 4-6 minutes, less if you like the yolks soft. While veggies are cooking, peel the eggs and quarter.
- Chop the shallots. Sauté for a few minutes to soften.
- Chop the ginger; deseed and slice the chilli (using half to whole depending on the amount of spice you like), spring onion and coriander stems, add to the pan with 1tsp curry powder and sauté for a further few minutes.
- Roughly chop the tenderstem broccoli and add to the pan with a splash of water to add some steam.
- Quarter the tomatoes and add to the stir-frying veggies along with the spinach.
- When rice is cooked, stir into the veg and stir-fry for a final few minutes and then squeeze over the juice of half a lemon.
- Serve in 2 bowls with eggs and chopped parsley and coriander sprinkled on top.