If we could, we’d eat tortillas for almost every meal! We love the combination of jalapeños, borlotti beans, tomatoes, paprika, melted cheese and fresh coriander all wrapped up in tortillas for this scrumptious supper time treat.
Ingredients: Shallots, garlic, peppers, plum tomato, borlotti beans, jalepeño pepper, coriander.
Larder: 4 tortilla wraps, 40g cheddar cheese, 1 tin of chopped tomatoes, 1 tsp cumin powder, 1tsp paprika, 50ml water, lime juice (optional: sour cream).
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Dice garlic, shallots and jalapeño and sauté in a glug of oil for 5 minutes until soft. Deseed and slice the peppers into thin strips and chop the tomato. Add to the pan and sauté for a few minutes while you shell the borlotti beans.
- Add the beans to the pan along with a tin of chopped tomatoes, 50ml water, cumin powder and paprika. Season and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes and then remove from the heat. Keep the beans submerged and if needed, add a splash more water to do so.
- Place a tortilla on a baking tray or small casserole dish. Spoon just under a ¼ of the tomato mix onto the tortilla, grate over a little cheese and then roll up the tortilla. Place a second tortilla next to the first, fill and roll up. Repeat until you have 4-6 tortillas neatly lined up on the tray right next to each other so they are touching. Add any extra tomato mix on top of the wraps along with the last bit of grated cheese. Bake for 15 minutes until cheese is melted and the tortillas are just crisping at the edges.
- Serve the tortillas with torn coriander, a squeeze of lime and optional dollop of sour cream.