An interesting and tasty twist on risotto, this delicious and filling ‘beanotto’ is made with beans, swiss chard, a variety mushrooms and thyme in a base of stock and mascarpone.
Ingredients: 2 cloves of garlic, 2 shallots, 90g button mushrooms, 60g oyster mushrooms, 200g swiss chard, 6g thyme.
From the Larder: glug of oil, 175g mascarpone, 200ml stock, tin of cannellini beans or otherwhite beans, juice and zest of ½ lemon.
- Dice garlic and shallots and begin sautéing in a knob of butter.
- Slice mushrooms and add to the sauté pan and continue to sauté for 5-10 minutes until soft and browned.
- Finely Chop the chard and add to the pan and continue to cook.
- Prepare the stock and then add to the sauté pan and allow to cook for a further 5 mins.
- Drain, rinse and add the cannelini beans.
- Strip thyme leaves off the stems and add to the pan.
- Mix in the marscapone, reduce heat, squeeze in juice of ½ lemon, season to taste, stirring while it gets hot again.
- Serve with lemon zested over,
- And for hungrier tummies, crusty bread or a baked potato.