Mostly found in the woods, or along country lanes, wild garlic (also known as Ramsons) is one of our absolute favourites. The season is short but sweet, so to make the most of it, we’re giving you our top tips to forage wild garlic. We’ve also included a few ideas on where to best locate it.
We’ve whipped up a simple but tasty Wild Garlic Leaf Pesto Pasta to serve with your newly foraged wild garlic. Ready to get started?
Enter your email for our step by step guide to creating Wild Garlic Leaf Pesto Pasta
Enter your details below and we’ll send you your own free guide, including the step-by-step tips to create your Wild Garlic Leaf Pesto Pasta! If you have any allergies or concerns, just let us know in the last section.
In next week’s THUD box, you’ll find the full recipe for our Wild Garlic Leaf Pesto Pasta along with the delicious ingredients, including freshly grown wild garlic, to make your own! Order yours for as little as £2.50 per portion. Psst, use the code WILDGARLIC to get 25% off your box. Order your own box or give one as a gift for someone who’s ready to cook delicious and healthy recipes.
Foraging wild garlic near you
What exactly is foraging?
It can best be described as the act of finding and harvesting wild foods and as the weather warms, it’s the perfect time to get outdoors and start foraging wild garlic.
The season begins in early March and runs until mid June. Wild garlic can be found in almost any wooded area where there is damp soil for it to grow. Head to your closest forest or wooded area to take advantage of the season.
How do I forage wild garlic?
- Make the most of the season and plan recipes to use your wild garlic in
- Be responsible and make sure you’re being following sustainable foraging practises. Check out Woodland Trust’s guidelines for more
- Only take the leaves that are near the ground, while leaving the bulbs to ensure they can grow again next year
- Choose healthy looking leaves that are long and bright. Stay away from highly populated areas and look for leaves that are more likely to be untouched
- Wondering if you’re really choosing wild garlic? Crush a few leaves and wait for the undeniable scent of garlic…mmm delicious!
Wild Garlic Leaf Pesto Pasta Recipe
With your beautiful and fresh wild garlic, you’re ready to get cooking! Don’t forget that every THUD box arrives with the recipe card you’ll need, including preparation and cooking time. You don’t have to worry about being in to sign for the delivery of your THUD box, as they fit through any standard letterbox.