A quick mid week meal, this stir fry is for a night when you’re on the run. We’ve thrown in some unusual shimeji mushrooms and crunchy white mouli to mix things up a bit and get the tastebuds going.
Ingredients: 2 shallots, 1 green chilli, 1 clove of garlic, 2cm ginger, 70g cavolo nero, 1 carrot, 70-100g mouli, 70g shimeji mushrooms small bunch of coriander.
From the larder: 175g noodles, 3 tsp sunflower or sesame oil, 1-2 tbsp soy sauce, (optional prawns or chicken).
- Prepare all the veg: chop the shallot, chilli and garlic and ginger, shred the cavolo nero and thinly slice the mouli and carrot into batons. Break apart the shimeji mushrooms.
- If using meat, prepare by peeling prawns or chopping chicken into pieces.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil before starting to stir-fry the veg.
- In a wok or frying pan, heat the oil on a high heat and if using, add meat and cook for a few minutes. Add shallots and stir fry to soften slightly. Add the chilli, ginger, garlic and then cavolo nero, mouli and mushrooms. Stir-fry for around 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are just reaching the right level of crunch and then stir in the soy sauce.
- While stir-frying the vegetables, cook the noodles for about 3-5 minutes in boiling water or according to packet instructions.
- Drain the noodles and mix into the stir-fried veg. Serve immediately with coriander torn on top.